Call Trace assists in determining the source of harassing (nuisance) phone calls.
- After receiving a nuisance call, hang up.
- Lift the handset and listen for the dial tone.
- Dial *57. A recording will indicate that this is a customer-originated trace and to press the number to trace the last call received.
- After pressing 1, a recording will state that the last call has been traced.
- Please log the day and time of the call to assist NHTC in determining the nuisance call.
- Contact New Hope Telephone Cooperative at 256-723-4211.
NOTE: by law, NHTC cannot release the telephone number to you. However, you may contact authorities who may then request the telephone number and take action.
*This feature is available temporarily for 10 days or monthly.
*This feature is not eligible for a bundle and must be purchased separately.
Call Trace Monthly – $4/month
Call Trace temporarily for 7 days – $10